The recruiting team at Ethos Group has four tips that will help you craft a professional resume so you can receive a positive response from recruiters. These tips will help you put your best foot forward for your first impression.
Submit a Universally Accepted Document
- Use easy to open formats (Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word document, etc.)
Keep it Clean and Concise
- Select easy to read fonts
- Unless you're seeking something in advertising or graphic design, it’s best to leave behind artistic fonts, colors, and pictures.
- Make sure contact information can be found easily
- Don't forget your phone number!
- Be consistent with formatting throughout the document
- Double check your spelling
One Page is Always Preferred
- Make it easy for recruiters to learn about you on one page or they may move on to the next resume
- Place the most important information at the top
- Tailor the page to contain key words relevant to the industry or job you are seeking
Include Key Points of Information
- Degree(s) - if applicable
- Employment history – Start with current/most recent position at top
- What makes you stand out?
- Leadership roles
By following these tips, employers are more likely to spend time reviewing your resume because you passed the first “test” in the selection process. As a result, your chances of being selected will increase!
Now that you have a professional resume that appeals to the eye, check out our available positions to find your fit at Ethos Group.
Read more stories from Ethos Group.